Please be aware of the COVID-19 Safety Measures being put in place at market for customers and vendors.
- Physical distancing (6ft apart) for vendors and purchasers;
- One entry point for customers to market area
- We will be encouraging pre-orders from vendors and will be providing
information about how to do that
- Hand sanitizer stations located around the market
- Limit number of customers in market area at any one time
- One way customer traffic
- Only one person/family will be permitted to do shopping
Let's keep everyone safe as we shop!
If you are a new or even an experienced market shopper, here are 6 things you need to keep in mind to make your farmers' market visit a success:
- Dress for the weather. Vendors will be at market rain or shine so have an umbrella in the car and a jacket on your arm to be prepared for what Mother Nature will offer. A little sun screen can be useful especially for little shoppers in strollers.
- Bring reusable bags and have a cooler in your vehicle or insulated shopping bag. Vendors will provide bags for your purchases if you need them, but temperature sensitive items are best kept cool until you get home. Parking is immediately adjacent to the market so purchased items can be quickly transferred to a vehicle cooler. Insulated shopping bags are another great way to protect your purchases.
- Bring your questions! One of the beauties of a Farmers Market is the opportunity to meet and develop a relationship with vendors. Ask how they grow, produce or prepare the products they have for sale. Feel free to place orders for future needs. Plan ahead to purchase seasonal fruits and vegetables or that special artisanal gift for an upcoming occasion.
- Bring cash and preferably lots of it! All vendors use cash, and small bills and coins are great for making change. Some vendors also accept Kawartha Loons.
- You are supporting the local economy. All vendors offer items that are locally produced and they take pride in what they are offering.
- Enjoy your time at the farmers' market
Did you know that the Lakefield Farmers' Market is accessible by several modes of transportation?
Cars and walking may seem like the obvious ones but you can also visit us by boat through the Trent Severn Waterway. If you are planning to visit us by boat, here is some information you may want to know when planning your route. You can make it a family outing and stop by the Lakefield Farmers' Market for a treat, lunch, groceries, entertainment, or gifts.
You can also join us by bike. There are several trails in Lakefield and one from Peterborough to Lakefield, so reaching us by bike is also easy. Check out the Lakefield Trail Map if you want to plan you bike ride to visit us. We would love to see you!